A farming operation in northwestern Iowa was destroyed over the weekend. Ahog confinement building in Calhoun County was gutted by fire Saturday. Theoperation was owned by Dean Kaufman. When firefighters arrived, thestructure was fully engulfed in flames. Crews spent about 90 minutes tryingto save the building. An unknown number of hogs died. An investigation isunderway to determine what caused the fire.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime