Not all the performers at tomorrow’s Orange Bowl game will be football players. Hundreds of high school cheerleaders will perform dance routines along with several musical groups that include “Shaggy ” and the University of Iowa band. One group is from an Ohio high school, and Radio Iowa’s Dar Danielson met some of them in a hotel lobby. Their unofficial spokesperson, Danielle. says they’re veterans at this sort of thing, having performed at bowl games the last two years. It was obvious the kids were in Florida more for the chance to perform before a national tv audience than they were to watch the football game, as they could only identify one of the teams playing in the game. And it wasn’t Iowa. It was USC.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall