A meth lab bust led to a high-speed chase in eastern Iowa Sunday afternoon. Linn County Sheriff’s deputies discovered two men making meth at a Wapsipinicon River bridge near Central City. When officers stopped to investigate, the men fled the scene in two different vehicles. One crashed, and the driver — 22-year-old Benjamin Hines of Central City — was arrested and taken to the Linn County Jail. The other vehicle, which had been stolen, was found abandoned and set on fire. Authorities are still looking for the driver. A search of Hines residence reportedly uncovered a meth lab inside.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal