A Minnesota man made an unscheduled stop in northwest Iowa Wednesday. 42-year-old Phillip Paulsurd from Hortonville, Minnesota, was flying from Missouri to Minnesota when he had engine trouble. Paulsurd attempted to land the Cessna 150-J in a plowed field. The nose of the plane hit the ground and flipped the plane on his top. Paulsurd walked to a house and was taken by private car to the hospital in Britt. The F-A-A has been called in to investigate the crash.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A sure sign spring is coming: The Home + Garden Show opens today
- Iowa farmer calls on Congress to pass ‘climate-smart’ Farm Bill
- Public weighs in on AEA changes during hearing at Iowa Capitol
- Author of memoir about being a foster care parent to speak in Iowa tonight
- Teen dies in Howard County farm accident