With no snow on the ground and weeks of dry weather, Iowans are urged to use extreme caution with fire. Madison County is enacting a burn ban at noon today. Sheriff Paul Welch says area fire departments had to tackle four grass fires yesterday alone and two of them were quite large. Sheriff Welch says damage from the fires was limited, but not without a lot of work from fire crews.The Webster County Board of Supervisors instituted a burn ban today due to the dry conditions. Webster is the sixth county to implement the burn ban, following Madison, Mahaska, Wapello, Keokuk and Appanoose counties.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime