Third time’s a charm in the northeast Iowa community of Jesup, where voters have okayed a five-million dollar bond issue. The measure passed Tuesday by 72-to-28 percent. The measure had failed on two previous attempts. Money will help fund new elementary and middle schools and a new gym.
- Plan to merge Des Moines Waterworks with other systems moving forward
- IDP chair says she’s focused on recruiting leaders for county parties
- Iowa State’s Contreraz wins Big-12 award
- Recommendation would merge or eliminate 111 state boards and commissions
- Railroad spokesman says crossing accidents increase with colder weather
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
UNI receives grant to turn old photos into interactive exhibit
UNI receives grant to turn old photos into interactive exhibit - Radio Iowa
An archival photography project at the University of Northern Iowa has landed a federal grant to help its users ...
Home test - Radio Iowa
Unhealthy air detected in parts of the state from Canadian wildfire smoke
Unhealthy air detected in parts of the state from Canadian wildfire smoke - Radio Iowa
The wildfire smoke from Canada is back over Iowa once again. Brian Hutchins at the DNR Air Quality Bureau says ...
Banks in Sioux, Lyon County the target of check cashing fraud
Banks in Sioux, Lyon County the target of check cashing fraud - Radio Iowa
The Sioux and Lyon County Sheriff Departments are working with local police trying to identify individuals involved ...