The Northern Iowa Panthers will be without their point guard for the next month. Sophomore Chris Foster broke a bone in his right hand during Saturday’s loss at Bradley and has been leading the Missouri Valley Conference in assists.U-N-I coach Greg McDermott says it will be difficult to replace Foster, as people had to defend him differently because of his ability to pass or shoot. Foster was named to the Valley’s All-Freshman team a year ago. McDermott says the ball was in Foster’s hands a lot during games, and it will be hard to fill the gap.U-N-I returns to action Wednesday night at home against Southern Illinois.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Nunn says expelled US House, Senate members shouldn’t get gov’t pensions
- Congresswoman Hinson says legislation needed to address border issues
- Ida Grove woman charged in death of her young son
- Supreme Court reverses ruling giving Manchester man a third attempted murder trial
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities