An unusual outdoor event is planned for tonight in the northeast Iowa community of Waverly. Ever go cross country skiing by candlelight? Now’s your chance. Rhonda Bleadorn, at the Waverly Area Development Group, says their event will go on, with or without snow.Bleadorn and a swarm of volunteers will be setting up about a-thousand candles in plastic milk jugs along the one-and-a-half mile trail. She hopes people will come out and cross-country ski tonight, or hike the trail if the snow’s lacking.Bleadorn says the trail is a real plus for the area.The trail goes a mile-and-a-half into the woods. Participants will turn around and reverse the route for a full three miles. The event starts at six P-M and concludes with free cocoa and a bonfire at the beginning/end point of the route. For more information, call (319) 352-4526 or surf to “www.waverlyia.com” and click on the “community” button.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Work underway on new multi million dollar terminal for Des Moines Airport
- Iowa Business Council survey finds national economic conditions weighing on the state
- Affordable housing, senior housing remain major obstacles
- Fort Dodge man accused of killing his father
- Central Iowa man charged with murder of four-month-old