Students in one eastern Iowa high school will have a four-day weekend thanks to the flu. The Independence High School is closed today and Monday due to the flu outbreak. Superintendent Robert Stuermann says there have been more than 100 students absent each day this week with the flu and other respiratory ailments. The elementary and middle schools are still open as they haven’t had as much illness.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime