A HAZMAT crew was called out onto Interstate 80 in west-central Iowa this morning after a semi overturned on slick icy pavement and spilled some of its load of paint thinner. State Patrol spokesman Rob Hansen says things improved as the day went on.Lieutenant Hansen reminds folks not to assume they can get back up to “road speed” and must remain careful. Traffic was slowed by the wreck and the winter conditions to a near-standstill, especially westbound, but the interstate from Stuart west to the border reportedly is considerably drier and easier going. The central part of the state still has mostly snow and ice covered roads.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk