The Iowa Hawkeyes visit Minnesota tonight in Big Ten action. The Hawkeyes are 4-4 in the league race and coach Steve Alford says the Gophers’ size gives the Hawks matchup problems, beginning with 6-11 center Rick Rickert. Jared Reiner may return from a knee injury and Alford says with Minnesota’s size that would eliminate the need for a three-guard lineup.Alford wants the Hawks to take advantage of fast break opportunities but in the halfcourt says they must show patience.Minnesota is 5-4 and coach Dan Monson’s team has struggled on the road but has been outstanding at home. He says they’re in the middle like everyone else and looking for consistency.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal