A Des Moines man faces a variety of charges and his baby girl’s in the hospital after he says he fell asleep while bathing her. Twenty-two-year-old David Petithory was giving his one-year-old daughter Brooklyn a bath last night when he says he fell asleep. When police arrived, they found the girl in the tub, which was overflowing with water. Cops also found illegal drugs in the house, and they’re trying to find out if drug use had anything to do with the dad falling asleep. The one-year-old girl is in critical condition at a Des Moines hospital. At this time, her father faces two counts of child endangerment, domestic assault and driving with a suspended license.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature
- ‘Religious Freedom’ bill wins final legislative approval, heads to governor
- House votes to restrict DEI programs at Iowa, ISU and UNI
- Warm weather wakes up ticks, so wear insect repellant