A Hampton man died in an early morning fire in Franklin County. Hampton firemen were paged to a house fire shortly after one a-m. The home was filled with smoke and firefighters pulled out 40-year-old Delmer Dean Campbell. Campbell was pronounced dead at the scene by the Franklin County medical examiner. Campbell was the only person in the home. Fire inspectorssay the fire started under the Hampton home’s bathroom, in wood ignited by a torch that had been used to try and thaw frozen water pipes.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Work underway on new multi million dollar terminal for Des Moines Airport
- Iowa Business Council survey finds national economic conditions weighing on the state
- Affordable housing, senior housing remain major obstacles
- Fort Dodge man accused of killing his father
- Central Iowa man charged with murder of four-month-old