Republican leaders say they’ll push for major changes in public employee bargaining rules. Senate Republican Leader Stewart Iverson of Dows is prepared to give government workers, including teachers, the right to strike in return for a change that’d let arbitrators consider private-sector wages when deciding contracts. Iverson says with a state payroll of over two-billion dollars, it’s time to bring salaries under control.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa
- Fire damages buildings in downtown Webster City