Authorities have released the names of three people in a fatal wrong-way accident yesterday on Iowa Highway 330 near Marshalltown. 87-year-old Elsie Marie Houdesheldt of Des Moines apparently got onto the northbound lanes of divided highway 330 and started driving southbound, into oncoming traffic. About a mile south of Highway 30, she collided head-on with a car driven by Karla Stantze of Marshalltown, and was then hit by a second northbound car, driven by 18-year-old Shane Goshen of Marshalltown. Houdesheldt, who was pronounced dead at the scene was reportedly not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Author of the Bass Reeves trilogy to appear in Iowa tonight
- Historic West Liberty building moving today
- Opening day to submit nominating papers for Iowa’s 2024 Primary Ballot
- Record highs possible today in the 70s, with wind chills tomorrow night below zero
- Farmers are concerned about dry soil headed into planting season