Drake athletic director Dave Blank will begin a search for a new womens’ basketball coach after Lisa Stone was introduced as the new coach at Wisconsin on Monday. Stone posted a 64-27 record in three years at Drake and Blank is confident the program will attract a successful replacement. Blank would not mention any potential candidates but says athletic directors always need to be prepared just in case a coach leaves. He says things change so rapidly in athletics, that you have to be prepared, and he says he feels they’ll find someone that wants Drake as much as it wants them. Blank says, as with any search, he would like it to move quickly. Blank says finding the right fit is more important than the timing.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Bill tightens Iowa’s ban on foreign ownership of farmland
- House sends governor repeal of Iowa’s gender balance rule for boards, commissions
- Humboldt Middle School teacher charged with sexual exploitation of a student
- Lawmaker launches converation about cutting Iowa casino taxes
- Author of the Bass Reeves trilogy to appear in Iowa tonight