Oelwein police say they’re ready to start enforcing a curfew that was rewritten in February to make it easier to enforce. The ordinance prohibits anyone under 14 years old from being in any unsupervised area of the city from 11 p-m to 5 a-m. Those responsible for a minor breaking the curfew could be fined up to 100 for the first offense and 250 dollars after that. Oelwein police say they’ll start issued tickets May 1st and then begin strict enforcement June 1st.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!