A rural Fairbank family is homeless after sparks from burning leaves set their eastern Iowa home on fire. Dan and Wendy Hedges were burning leaves in their yard when some sparks floated into leaves under the eaves of their home and caught them on fire. The fire spread into the roof of the home. Fairbank firefighters were helped by three other departments, but the home was gutted. No one was injured, although, three cats died in the fire. The fire came just a few days after the county dropped its burning ban.
You are here: / / Burning leaves leave home gutted near Fairbank