The hot, dry weather has put about a third of the state under burning restrictions. Buchanan County reinstated its burning ban yesterday, less than a week after lifting it, after a rise in grassfires. A barn and a house were lost in fires there in the past few days. 31 counties statewide are under some sort of burning ban.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk