Iowa State coach Dan McCarney will not name a replacement for Seneca Wallace until pre-season practice. Three player are battling to become the new Cyclone quarterback. One of the contenders, junior college transfer Wayne Terry, had his spring cut short by a thumb injury. McCarney says he’s on schedule to fully recover. McCarney says Terry’s injury has slowed down the competition which includes junior Chris Love and freshman Austin Flynn. He says that’s why he believes they need to wait to make a decision at quarterback. McCarney says the battle between Love and Flynn is close. Love is number one with a slight edge, and he says Flynn was number one after Saturday’s scrimmage.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Author of memoir about being a foster care parent to speak in Iowa tonight
- Teen dies in Howard County farm accident
- Pitch for tax break for making movies, TV shows in Iowa
- Teamsters protest at Iowa Capitol over bill on union certification
- Central Iowa cyclists launch effort to build massive indoor BMX track