An animal rights group has again had its billboard proposal rejected by an outdoor advertising company in Des Moines. The latest attempt by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals to sell itself on a large scale focused on the Easter season. The proposed billboard featured the words “He Died for Your Sins” in cursive across a blue sky, next to a big pink pig and “Go Vegetarian.” An official at the Des Moines ad agency is quoted as saying the billboard was objectionable and offensive. PETA claims it -will- go up in two other states — North Carolina and Missouri. In November last year, billboard companies in Des Moines and Cedar Rapids rejected a PETA placard that linked male impotence with eating pork.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Late Hollywood legend Norman Lear touted ‘I come from Des Moines’ (AUDIO)
- Check the labels before hanging holiday lights to avoid a fire
- Unique Native American prints on display in Sioux City
- Tonight is final GOP debate before 2024 Iowa Caucuses
- Dreaming of a white Christmas? New Iowa map shows your chances