Those who use propane for camping and grilling are getting a break as the cost has dropped recently. Jennifer Moehlman tracks the price of the fuel for the Iowa Department of Natural Resources.She says the last survey found the price at 94 cents a gallon, down 15 cents from a month ago. Winter heating is the biggest use for propane, and that use has kept the price higher. She says prices are about 14 cents higher than they were last year at this time due to heavy use this winter that depleted supplies. If you do buy large quantities of propane for heating, Moehlman says you should wait a little longer before stocking up. She says the price usually drops the most during the summer and August is usually the best time to buy propane for the winter.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal