One of the men who received chemical burns in an anhydrous ammonia accident mid-month has died. 68-year-old Robert Ryan of De Witt died Monday at University Hospitals in Iowa City after a tank he and another worker were filling burst on April 15th at the River Valley Co-op near Calamus. A welded seam apparently failed. 23-year-old Nathan Nissen of Welton was also burned in the incident which is under investigation by state and federal authorities.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk