Heavy hail damaged hundreds of cars in Grinnell this weekend. Wes Finch saw the storm hit his dealership. He says there were golfball-sized hail stones that hit his lot which has around 300 cars on it. He says some cars were damaged worse than others. Finch estimates the damage at two to three-thousand dollars per car, and says he has insurance on the cars. Steve Link owns another dealership. He says he had about 150 cars that were hit. About 10 cars had windshields broken out, while the others had damage on the tops and sides. Link says he has insurance on all the cars.He says he has coverage on both the new and used cars and has talked with the adjusters who will visit the lot to look at the damage. Link says he hopes to get it all taken care of by the end of this week.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk