First Lady Christie Vilsack is hosting the First Ladies of five other states for the next couple of days to showcase Iowa, and build behind-the-scenes friendships. Mrs. Vilsack says it’s much more than a slumber party. She says there are new spouses and it’s all about networking to give them resources for dealing with issues. Mrs. Vilsack says those kinds of personal connections with other “First Spouses” are pretty important support systems when “you lose a loved one or somebody in your family ends up being on the front page of the newspaper.” The women met at Terrace Hill, the Governor’s mansion, last night and will take a trip to Winterset today.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature