Northern Iowa softball coach Christy Hebert says this past season was a successful one for the Panthers even though the ending was dissapointing. U-N-I closed out the season 26-22, but that was below the expectations built with a 21-11 start. This was Hebert’s first season as coach and says it was a learning experience for her as she learned a lot of things to do and a lot not to do.. UNI finished 10-14 in the Missouri Valley race which was a dissapointment considering their start. She says they had a lack of confidence and put too much pressure on themselves when they entered conference play.The Panthers return virtually intact. Angela Higgins was the only senior.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dubuque wins millions in federal money for flood protection system updgrade
- Iowa continues to see lack of dentists who will take Medicaid patients
- Contest to choose state’s best breaded pork tenderloin down to 5 establishments
- Cedar Rapids Schools closed after online threat
- Iowa’s DeJean and Jackson honored by B1G