Authorities have identified the Van Buren County teenager who was killed in a car crash with a deer near Bentonsport on Thursday. The Highway Patrol says 15-year-old Taryn Philips of Keosauqua was alone in the car when it hit a deer near her home. The car veered into a ditch and rolled a few times, hitting a culvert, going airborne and coming to rest on its wheels in a creekbed. Philips was a sophomore at Van Buren High School where she was active in band, cheerleading and track. The funeral is planned Monday afternoon in the school gymnasium.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Senate backs ‘American Cream’ breed as Iowa’s official state horse
- Iowans are living longer, creating concern about paying for retirement
- State universities dealing with delays in FAFSA information being released
- Meteorologist says Iowa countryside is ‘extremely combustible’
- Iowa’s Sandfort claims pair of weekly honors