Linn County authorities are searching for a man who may’ve fallen off a raft in the Cedar River. The Linn County Sheriff’s Department got a call from a person just before 11 o’clock last night who said he’d been contacted by a 19-year-old friend who was on a raft in the river. The man says his friend called on a cell phone to say he was near the Highway 30 bridge. Rescue teams could not find the man in the water. The search was discontinued around one this morning and then resumed around seven a-m. The Sheriff’s Department is asking anyone who may’ve seen anything in the water to call.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall