When the announcer said “Come on down!” it took a while for it to register in the mind of an Iowa man who will appear on the long-running game show “The Price is Right” later this week. Clark Middleton of Webster City was in the studio audience with family members for the taping last week and was lucky enough to have his name called.Middleton says to get on the show, you have to be very energetic, very dedicated and willing to get up in the middle of the night.Middleton says he arrived at CBS Studios at 2 AM to line up for tickets and already 30 people were in line. He says one-thousand tickets are handed out but only 340 get in, and each of them is interviewed by producers. It was 1 PM before they actually got into the studio for the taping of the show. Middleton played “The Clock Game” with host Bob Barker — and won.The show featuring Middleton is scheduled to air Friday morning. He can’t divulge how much money he won but says it will come in handy. He just graduated from Iowa Central Community College and plans to attend Iowa State University in the fall.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Record highs possible today in the 70s, with wind chills tomorrow night below zero
- Farmers are concerned about dry soil headed into planting season
- DNR confirms dead gray wolf found near Davenport
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards