The boys’ state track and field meet begins this morning in Drake Stadium. Williamsburg is looking to repeat as the class 2A team champ after edging Tipton a year ago despite having just one champion. Coach Greg Stoultz is hoping for another consistent performance in which they have place winners in many events. Williamsburg is coming off the team title at the Eastern Iowa Hawkeye Conference meet. Stoultz says several other teams will contend for the team championship. He says all he every looks for is a good performance from his team, and he doesn’t expect it to be a high scoring meet.Action begins this morning at 11 with the 32-hundred meter run.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!