Severe storms caused problems in Sioux City overnight. Heavy rains –one report measured three inches — clogged storms sewers and caused low lying areas to flood, and vehicles to stall. The National Weather Service at the Sioux Gateway Airport officially report 93-hundredths of an inch of rain. Numerous limbs were blown off trees and there was hail up to an inch-and-a-quarter in diameter falling. Police were kept busy checking stalled vehicles for people, and one officer reported water up to his chest as he check out a stalled car.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Farmers are concerned about dry soil headed into planting season
- DNR confirms dead gray wolf found near Davenport
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws