Several Iowa college standouts will take part in the N-C-A-A Track and Field Championships beginning today in Sacramento. Iowa State’s Susan Sherman will take part in today’s first event with the qualifying round in the women’s discus. Sherman is one of three Cyclone women in the field. Freshman Rebecca Williams will take part in the 100 meter hurdles and four-time Big-12 champion Gina Rickert in the high jump. The Iowa women qualified in four events, Alana Redfern in the discus, Sara Arens in the three thousand steeplechase. Shellene Williams qualified for the 400 and she is part of the Hawkeyes’ four-by-400 relay team which has a first round race on Thursday. U-N-I’s Nikki Nelson will run the 400-hurdles. On the men’s side, Iowa’s Bill Neuman has a qualifying round today in the discus. He won that event at the Midwest Regional in Lincoln, Nebraska. U-N-I’s Burke Bockman runs the 400-hurdles, the Panther men qualified in the four by 400 relay and Drake’s Brent Wilberts opens competition in the 15-hundred meter run on Thursday.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- New challenge to law banning books that describe sex acts from Iowa schools
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record