A new course designed by golf legend Arnold Palmer will open soon near the central Iowa town of Polk City. Spokesman Steve Dowling says the Tournament Club of Iowa should open before the end of June after a year and a half of development.Dowling says they’re looking for a certain amount of resilience before the course opens so it can stand the play in the long term.Dowling says the “TCI” will quickly become known for its par-three holes. He says a couple will have 80 and 90 foot elevation drops, and one goes over a creek.Dowling says the clubhouse is now open, as well as a restaurant that opens today.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate OKs rules for plant or insect based proteins labeled as meat
- Northeast Iowa deputy awarded medal for bravery
- Federal appeals court rules on Iowa law banning school mask mandates
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email