They are ready in the towns of Storm Lake and Marathon when the eighth annual “Marathon to Marathon” takes place Saturday morning. The gun sounds in Storm Lake and the course takes the runners to the finish line in Marathon. Spokeswoman Lois Lind is busy taking last minute entries and says they have registrations from 30 states now, plus two from Germany.Lind expects about 400 runners to test the course and says the interest has grown because there are so few marathon races out there. She says the race is sanctioned, so people who belong to the 50 state club want to run a certified marathon in all 50 states. Lind says runners also use the event to try and get into some bigger events. It’s a qualifying race for the Boston Marathon, so the results are sent in to see if the runners qualify for the big race. The event also offers a Marathon relay and a 5k.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Treehouse Village attraction to open soon at Iowa Arboretum
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer