A Northwest Iowa County official was arrested on alcohol charges this past weekend, at the scene of an accident. Arnold’s Park police arrested Dickinson County Emergency manager Tim Kinnetz of Okoboji for public intoxication early Sunday morning. Kinnetz had responded to a boat accident on West Lake Okoboji but other officers found that he was drunk at the time. He was booked at the Dickinson County jail and pleaded guilty to public intoxication charges. The 31-year-old Kinnetz is also a member of the Arnold’s Park – Okoboji Fire and Rescue Squad. County officials have suspended Kinnetz pending an emergency meeting of the emergency management commission June 26th.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime