Independence police are investigating an identity theft case that involves several thousand dollars. Police says an Independence woman, Karen McMurrin called police after discovering unauthorized credit card purchases of over 12-thousand dollars. McMurrin says someone took out a credit card in her name and went on a spending spree. Police say they’re not releasing any more details to protect the investigation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!