Iowa Congressman Leonard Boswell is teaming up with fellow Democrat Richard Gephardt of Missouri in proposing another plan to revamp Medicare. Gephardt is also running for the democratic presidential nomination. He calls it the “Promise Act” or “protecting Medicare investments for seniors everywhere. He says it will ensure the promise of Medicare by ensuring that all seniors get their fair share. Gephardt says the plan will help with the payment inequity in Medicare. He says states that’re undereimbursed will be eligible for extra payments to help boost their reimbursement rate. Gephardt says doctors and hospitals that offer efficient, quality care would be eligible for additional incentive performances. He says the plan would be implemented immediately.Boswell says this plan would improve on what’s currently moving through the House and Senate.The two made their comments today in a conference call with reporters.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response