Iowa Games executive director Jim Hallihan says the summer sports festival may consider ending regional qualifying for youth basketball. Four regionals were held last weekend at various locations across the state and two more well be held this weekend in Des Moines and Iowa City. Hallihan says the number of youth teams entered in the basketball competition has dropped. He says the biggest age group this year is the open division.Hallihan says had it not been for the large number of open division teams signing up, they could have done without regional basketball action.Hallihan says the Iowa Games are running into more an more competition from other youth tournaments.The Iowa Games are July 18th through the 20th in Ames.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!