A search is underway in three central Missouri counties for a missing helicopter with Iowa ties. Officials in Missouri report the helicopter that’s registered to De Jong Manufacturing of New Sharon took off around 10:30 last night from Booneville, Missouri headed for the Lake of the Ozarks. Officials say the wife of the pilot later reported the helicopter was missing. The identity of the pilot is not known. De Jong Manufacturing is a sheet metal fabrication company located in New Sharon, just southeast of Des Moines. Radio Iowa contacted officials at the company — but they declined to comment on the reports.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record