The publisher of one football magazine calls the Big Ten the top conference in college football. Phil Steele’s College Football Preview ranks defending champ Ohio State along with Michigan as serious national title contenders next season. Steele says one reason for the prediction is the Big Ten had the best bowl record of any conference this past season. Last year Iowa along with Ohio State went unbeaten in conference play. Steele says two teams will be amongst the nation’s top-ranked teams this coming season. He predicts that Ohio State and Michigan will be 11-and-0 when they plan one another November 22nd in Ann Arbor. Last year was a dismal one for Nebraska where the Cornhuskers finished an unheard of 7-7. Steele does not look for more of the same, even though many predict the downfall of the program. Steele says he’s not ready to throw a shovel of dirt on the program. Steele expects Big Red to bounce back big time. Steele says Nebraska will regain their swagger after playing about five games. Steele has the Cornhuskers favored in 11 of their 12 games this season.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!