Some martial arts students from northeast Iowa are headed to Knoxville, Tennessee, for next week’s National Tae Kwon Do championships. They’re from McDowell’s Midwest Academy of Tae Kwon Do in Edgewood where Bob McDowell is the chief instructor. He says they’ve had 24 national champions in various classes in the past three years. McDowell says 23 of his students will be taking part in the competition this year. The championships will be held July 3-5.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill