A Fayette County man’s facing charges of impersonating a police officer, false imprisonment and assault after real officers say he stopped three young adults. Independence police say 44-year-old Thomas Woods of Randalia stopped three young adults with his car on Tuesday, ordered them out of their car and then kept them detained for a short time. Because he touched them during the incident, Woods was charged with assault. Police say he did not have a weapon.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa
- Fire damages buildings in downtown Webster City