The events for the “Fly Iowa 2003” celebration this weekend in Cedar Rapids include a panel discussion on the Tuskegee Airmen today (Saturday) at the African American Historical Museum and Cultural Center. Kristine Chiafos is the center’s development director. The panel will include Russell Collins of Cedar Rapids and James Bowman of Des Moines, both former Tuskegee Airmen. Chiafos says the contribution of Iowans to the Tuskegee Airmen’s effort is not widely known. Chiafos says they’ll also have a small display of Tuskegee memorabilia at the center.The panel discussion begins at 10 A.M. and is free and open to the public.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate OKs rules for plant or insect based proteins labeled as meat
- Northeast Iowa deputy awarded medal for bravery
- Federal appeals court rules on Iowa law banning school mask mandates
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email