There’s a new skipper for the Hawkeye baseball team. The University of Iowa named Jack Dahm its new baseball coach today to replace Scott Broghammer, who resigned in May after six years at the helm. Dahm resigned as the coach at Creighton June 27th after 10 years as head coach. At Creighton, Dahm compiled a record of 283-276-2, making him the program’s winningest coach. He took Creighton to the NCAA Tournament in 1999 and 2002 and was named Missouri Valley Coach of theYear in 1999 and last year. But he left Creighton after posting their worst season in 34 years with a record of 20-37. He takes over a Hawkeye team that finished last in the Big Ten last season and hasn’t had a winning season since 1995.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk