A Charles City man is charged with murder after a Thursday house fire where one man was found dead. Twenty-three-year-old Christopher Charles North has been arrested and charged with first-degree murder and first-degree arson after the death of 23-year-old Jason Kapping. North was booked into the Floyd County Jail on Sunday afternoon and is being held on one-and-three-quarters million dollar bond, according to information provided by the Charles City police department. Kapping was found dead in his home shortly after 6 o’clock Thursday morning after a fire was reported there. Assistant Iowa State Medical Examiner Dennis Klein Friday ruled the death was a homicide. The Floyd County Attorney’s Office says investigators conclude that the fire was set after the homicide occurred.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal