You can show your patriotism tonight at Community Field in Burlington and get a great deal on tickets for the Midwest League game between the Burlington Bees and Beloit Snappers. The Bees will host “Celebrate America” prior to tonight’s game which will honor the men and women in the armed forces and members of police and fire departments. Admission to the ceremony and the game is free. Bee’s general manager Chuck Brockett says baseball is a uniquely American sport. He says if they can get people to the ballpark once, they’ll likely come back again. the club was approached with the idea after the stadium hosted a large rally right after the September 11th attack. Brockett says the pre-game ceremonies will include a flyover by a World War-Two era P-51. He says it will be kind of special to see an old time plane versus a new fighter.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk