Iowa Senator Tom Harkin says he and some other senators will announce plans today to block rule changes he says would keep millions of workers from earning overtime pay. He says they have several options such as putting amendments on the appropriations bill that say no money can be expended for enforcing the regulations. He says that would effectively kill the changes. Harkin, a democrat, says the action will keep up to eight-million workers from losing possible overtime pay.He says if they speak up and says they can’t implement the rules and regulations, then they can’t do it. Harkin says the rules would further harm the nation’s economy. He says to try now to change the rules, when we have high unemployment and the economy is sluggish, is a slap in the face to every working American.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal