Kossuth County voters Tuesday okayed a one-cent local option sales and service tax. Among the voting precincts, 12 voted yes, nine voted no and one ended in a tie. The money collected is for school improvements and property tax relief. About 16-percent of the county’s voters took part in the special election. The totals were 1061 yes votes and 904 no.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature