Dan McCarney says he has gotten used to the underdog role at Iowa State. The Big-12 Conference held its annual football media day in Kansas City on Wednesday and despite three straight bowl games the Cyclones are not considered a legitimate threat for the North Division title. “I don’t lose sleep over it,” McCarney said. He says he “enjoys” and “embraces” the challenge of proving the naysayers wrong. McCarney says the Cyclones are rarely the favorite. “I’ve never really been in a situation in all the years I’ve been in it where we were picked to be the team,” he said. “Maybe someday I’ll enjoy that role.” Iowa State opens at home against Northern Iowa August 30th.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal