Muscatine County authorities remain tight-lipped about a shoot-out that happened last night in a country home northeast of Muscatine. A brief news release issued by the County Attorney indicates a dead body was found on the property near Stockton. Authorities aren’t naming the suspect who was taken into custody after he or she was wounded nor will they say if the dead person found is the parent of the six children who were rescued from the scene. Shortly after six last night someone called 9-1-1 and when cops arrived at the farm, the officers were fired upon and returned fire. Five of the six kids were hustled to safety early on. The sixth was found safe after the suspect had been wounded at about nine o’clock last night.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk